From September 2014, we changed our curriculum approach in line with the implementation of the new National Curriculum.
We had two key considerations:
1) Our statutory duty to cover the curriculum
2) How we meet the particular needs of our children and community
The aims of our curriculum are to:
1) Ensure good or better progress and attainment for all children (particularly in Reading, Writing and Maths)
2) Ensure that we are developing resilient and independent life-long learners
3) Give children enjoyable experiences of learning that live with them for a life-time
When we worked on the development of our new curriculum, staff and governors worked together to develop the five key drivers that would be integrated into all we do:
- Core Skills
- Independent Learning
- PSED (Personal, Social and Emotional Development)
- Parental Engagement
For more information on particular aspects of the curriculum, please click the relevant link below.