Science is one of the core subjects in the National Curriculum.
Children cover a broad range of topics and themes including:
- Working scientifically
- Understanding plants
- Understanding animals and humans
- Investigating living things
- Understanding evolution and inheritance
- Investigating materials
- Understanding movement, forces and magnets
- Understanding the Earth's movement in space
- Investigating light and seeing
- Investigating sound and hearing
Whatever the Science topic, children will be "working scientifically" because it is how we teach them to find things out fairly and scientifically. This is also important because it means that children get to do “hands-on” science and find out things for themselves. This leads to much better learning.